Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independence Day Weekend!

I really hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend! Here's a quick recap of mine:
We went to Josh's parents after he got off work. There were supposed to fireworks at the Huntsville Ball park, but there was none. It was sad. But I had a GREAT time with my sister and brother in law and their kids! My mother and father in law did a great job cooking! It was so much fun!


Sunday we went to church and the kids were so great and cooperative! I even got one little girl to pick up one set of toys before playing with the next set! Then that night we got rangled into coming for the cook out!! Josh made the burgers, I helped with the food!

Monday we went to my moms and had a good time! I am so glad I got to catch up with my sister and see her little boy again! It was a lot of fun. Her boyfriend and his sister were great, I'm really glad I got to meet them! And spending time with my uncle was also a lot of fun! He gave me tips on cooking and we talked about recipes and life.
We didn't watch fireworks at moms but on the way home we saw plenty! Not to mention the street was full of people shooting fireworks. There is something wrong with me though, I love that sulfer/gunish powder smell from the fireworks!



Poor Duchess was so scared of all the noise, she didn't come home until about three when all the fireworks where over. I was really worried but I am so thankful she is okay. We need to get her a wormer pill though and if that doesn't work then we'll be taking her to a vet!
Gobby surprised me though! He stayed at the house and when I let him in the garage with Josh and I while he was working on his bike, Gobby stayed with us and fell asleep with all the fireworks. He is pretty much not afraid of anything.

Hope you have a great rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment