Friday, September 3, 2010

Hunting for a BOW!!

Our hunting was very successful!

Of course I forgot to get actual pictures of the bow by its self I did get Mr.Baker to take pictures of it with me. I am getting better by the day!! I am grouping and getting great shots! It's really fun, I highly suggest that everyone out there try archery. Well here are the fruits of our labor!! lol

Definitely not a good picture so I will make sure to get some good pictures! It's a Fred Bear Apprentice Bow. Has a whisker bisket, a tru glo sight, gold tip carbon expidition arrows and a true fire release.

It Is My First Bow Ever!!!!

And I love it! Huge thanks to all the guys at Southtown Sports!
I also got a Bear Hat!! See the awesome fish lure!
Well Academy Sports opened last friday up in Rogers so Mr. Baker and I had to make a trip up there. Let me be the first to tell you it was worth it!!! They have some really good prices on a lot of things! It's in Mr.Bakers words "A man's wal-mart."

I fell in love with these boots! Neoprene! Scent block! COMFORTABLE!!!!
See the love in my eyes!?!
Mr.Baker! He loved the boots as well but since he already has a different pair of boots we are going to get him these next year.

So I am sure most of you have heard of Marisa Lynch, she is a California girl who is not buying a piece of NEW clothing for a year! She is buying clothes and making them into what she wants. You can see her fabulous works here at her blog. Like Marisa I was going through "a personal creative-funk-crisis" and then I came across her blog. Serious inspiration! So I decided to do something along the same lines. Instead of ONLY buying clothes to refurb I'll also do small amounts of traditional shopping. By small I mean very small lol.(Hunting apparel doesn't count lol)
Now I am not doing this for fame or to be noticed. I'm doing this for fun and so that maybe some one else can be blessed by this and get their own inspiration from it!

So! First my first test subject is a one piece-two piece hmm.... lookie!
all together now!

I paired my new dress with my brown boots, white shirt and grey undershirt. I grabbed the pink jacket right before we walked out the door because it was chilly!! But it's a perfectly cool day so I'm going to keep it on! I took the skirt of the original dress to make this. I actually took it in quite a bit. There was enough left over material I could have made a second dress, but I cut straps out of the left over material, took this dress in about two inches on each side and about a half an inch seam on the top of the dress.


car shot!


So I am pretty sure that this is my longest post by far!

No comments:

Post a Comment