Sunday, January 10, 2010

Franken-box

I don't think I can tell you just how excited I am...


I just had my first wedding baby! A card box. Which looks a lil more like a franken-box, but I am so happy. My first project! And I get to show you! Plus the mister helped out! He got me tape, he marked a few spots and even took a picture. Not to mention he put in some input.

are you ready?


here's the beginning. I found just the right sized box, taped it up and cut a small whole that was big enough for cards.

the first corner I tried to cover. Which of course, ended up being covered three more times.


I used wrapping paper my Grandma had used to wrap some pots and pans she sent us. I used our cutting board, exacto knife and a tiny ruler. (Here you see the naked franken-box lol)
A little more wrapping...
About 80% done...
Ahh my lil Franken box! It took about an hour and a half to do. I cut a slit in the paper so they can easily slide in the cards. Plus it would have been murder to remove that little slit and it be ruined. I'm planning on putting a ribbon/bow on it also.
It's like a tiny little weight is of my shoulders!
And we got napkins! Paper ones, which will be okay but I did want to go with cloth(reuseable). Heres what gave me a lil inspiration for the paper ones:DIY vintage inspired bark centerpieces wedding Missouri Kansas City

We are totally have that little piece of wood too!

No comments:

Post a Comment